CALL OF CTHULHU RPG THE CHILDREN OF FEAR A 1920'S CAMPAIGN ACROSS ASIA PRE ORDER MARCH 2021
There have long been stories of two rival kingdoms, hidden from the world in ages past. Their names: Agartha, the City of Fear, and Shambhala, the City of Peace. Although their legends have become confused over time, there is one constant: that opening the gates of the hidden kingdoms shall herald the end of this epoch and usher in the new. And, whoever prevails wins the right to shape the new age in their image, for good or ill...
September 1923: an urgent and mysterious telegram from an American adventurer plunges the investigators into an epic journey across China, Central Asia, Northern India, and Tibet. Often following in the footsteps of the famous Chinese Buddhist monk and explorer Hiuen-Tsiang (immortalized in the fantastical Chinese saga Journey to the West),the investigators will encounter looted temples, lost lakes, dusty museums, charnel grounds, venerable monasteries, and hidden secret valleys in an epic quest to prevent the King of Fear and his lieutenants from destroying everything they hold dear.
The Children of Fear is a multi-part campaign, set during the 1920s, exploring some of the fascinating myths and legends of Central Asia and Northern India. The central core of the campaign is designed to be player-led, allowing the investigators to determine the journey they take. In addition, the plot is designed to be flexible, allowing for different scales or types of Cthulhu Mythos involvement—all the way from the Outer Gods themselves down to a more low-key, occult-focused series of adventures. Guidance is provided for the Keeper to tailor the exact nature of the threat to best suit their group’s tastes.
Eight chapters cover the sights, encounters, and dangers to be found in Peking, Sian, the Taklamakan, Peshawar, and Kham, to name but a few of the places visited during the campaign, as it travels from China, through Northern India, and on to Tibet. With detailed appendices covering travel, useful non-player characters, spells, a reference bibliography, and much more.
This book contains:
- Campaign overview, detailing the setting and plot, with suggestions for incorporating existing investigators.
- A plethora of maps, floorplans, and handouts for a host of far-flung locations.
- Six ready-to-use pre-generated investigators.
- A host of non-player characters, all with their own agendas.
- New creatures and monsters, along with a few familiar horrors.
- Guidance for pulp style play.
- This campaign is best used with the Call of Cthulhu roleplaying game and, optionally, with the Pulp Cthulhu sourcebook, available separately.